Free Express Shipping Australia
Traditionally, people have looked at banks as the holy grail for protecting their hard earned money. However, in the 21st century, the way we control, manage, and store money is changing. In 2022, the best crypto hardware wallets, like the Ledger Nano X, provide the greatest personal storage for these new digital assets people invest in.
CryptoCurrency is a fast-emerging sector born thanks to Satoshi Nakamoto's invention of Bitcoin in 2009. Over the last decade, the industry has exploded, and now everyday people can invest in coins, tokens, NFTs, ICOs, and other unique opportunities.
This page explores the best hardware wallets on the market, their features, and why the Ledger Nano X wallet ranks at the top this time. This page is constantly updated with the top deals direct from the company, with up-to-date information on online wallets, so cryptocurrency users can understand and pick the best devices and protect their valuable assets in 2022.
Available Ledger Hardware Devices in 2022 - Pick The Best Wallet Today
- Ledger Nano X: The Ledger Nano X hardware wallet is one of the leading devices for crypto asset protection in 2022. It's often voted the best crypto hardware wallet for its sleek design, large memory capacity, multi-coin storage, and the latest encryption and security features. For more information about the Ledger Nano X wallet for Australia, Visit LEDGER
Ledger Nano S Plus: The Ledger Nano S is the perfect physical device for secure storage of multiple crypto assets, with up to 100 apps supported. The main difference between the Nano X and Nano S Plus is the missing Bluetooth component in the S, making it a cheaper device to purchase. Users can connect the physical device to their computer and use the Ledger Live software to buy, sell, trade, and store cryptocurrency easily. Learn more about the Ledger Nano S wallet for Australia here.
What is a hardware wallet?
CryptoCurrency is a form of digital asset, and as traditional financial instruments are, clients should be cautious and ensure they follow the best security practices. There are many types of crypto wallets, including web wallets, mobile apps, paper wallets, and hardware devices. The most secure option for storing cryptocurrency assets is a hardware wallet. So what are these wallets?
These wallets are physical devices that protect the private keys associated with crypto addresses. They offer an excellent layer of protection, as customers don't need to copy and paste their private key across to login and use the wallet with a particular service. This practice can potentially expose the keys to third parties and malicious attackers. A hardware wallet uses an encrypted chip, and personalized PIN to only allow authorized access. It keeps each crypto address's key secure on the device, and all the client has to do is remember the recovery backup phrase to keep control of their own funds in the long run.
Why is the Ledger Nano X the Best Hardware Wallet for CryptoCurrency?
There are numerous cryptocurrency wallet providers in the industry, so what makes Ledger unique and sets them apart from other companies? We've created a list of the top features clients can expect when using these physical devices to securely store digital assets.
- Ledger Live: The Ledger Nano X for Australia uses the all-in-one Ledger Live app. This works on PC computers and laptops, as well as mobile devices, and allows clients to manage their portfolio, buy and sell assets, send and receive transactions and more. Basically, it's a digital bank with no limits, the ideal financial instrument for those seeking ultimate financial freedom.
- Up To 100 Apps: With a larger 1.8mb memory capacity, the Ledger Nano X for Australia is ideal for clients who wish to store up to 100 apps. These apps can be used to send and store different tokens across various asset classes. This allows traders and investors to have the widest coverage, and cover any investment strategy.
- Secure CC EAL5+ Chip: The latest CC EAL5+ Secure Chip offers the ultimate protection and has undergone stringent testing and verification procedures by CCRA. The latest ST33J2M0 chip in the NanoX offers the highest encryption in a physical device currently on the market. This chip keeps the keys in the device secure, and only users with the personal PIN can unlock the device and perform actions.
- Bluetooth/USB Connection: Clients can use the X to connect to their operating system via Bluetooth 5 or USB-USB C wired connections. This lets clients pick their type of connectivity, and easily make transactions online.
- NFT Management: Store your favorite NFTs in Australia with a Ledger Nano X wallet today. They offer a wide storage memory, ensuring that the best NFTs can be stored safely, while they appreciate in value, waiting to be sold later. For NFT traders, the ledger offers an excellent storage choice and is ideal for those planning long-term hodling.
- Exchange Compatability: These digital asset wallets can be used easily at many top crypto exchanges, including Binance, Kucoin, Kraken, and others. This allows users to buy crypto from the exchange, and send it to their personal device for long-term hodling.
Crypto Supported by Nano Ledger Wallets
For crypto investors who hodl a wide variety of tokens, the ledger wallet range offers the best muti-coin support among wallet providers. Each device can store up to 100 apps, each representing a special token/network. The most popular options like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin are well known, but Ledger wallets support a huge variety of crypto tokens.
With many tokens piggybacking on growing networks like ETH, SOL, TRX, the ledger wallets support more than 5500 unique crypto tokens in 2022. Many use these storage devices to hodl BTC, BCH, BNB, ETH, LTC, SHIB, USDT, XRP, ADA, DOGE, DOT, MATIC, DAI, AVAX, UNI, ETC, FTT, LINK, CRO, XMR, ALGO, EOS, and others.
Ledger Nano X Wallet Technical Specs
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0 + USB C/USB Port Cable
- Support For: Desktop/Laptop Computers, Android 7+ and Apple iOS 9+
- Screen Size: 128x64px
- Chip: CC EAL5+ Secure Element Chip - ST33J2M0
- Memory: 8mb (up to 100 apps/tokens)
- Battery: Lithium-ion 100mAh battery
- Weight: 34g
- Size: 72mm x 18.6mm x 11.75mm
- Comes with: 1 hardware wallet, 1 USB-C to USB cable, Booklet, Three Recovery Sheets, One Keychain Strap
Benefits of Using a Crypto Hardware Wallet
- Freedom: The best hardware wallets allow users to access funds wherever they are, with borderless payments, easy access to buying and selling via the Ledger Live Exchange, and the ability to save cryptocurrency in a secure private digital bank.
- Control: Keep control of your private keys. This is a crucial step in staying safe in the crypto space, and hardware wallets are the perfect way to retain control of the most important aspect of a digital wallet. Any wallet where you don't have the private key, you don't control the funds, and this is a security risk in the long run. Overall, wallet owners will need their Recovery Seeds to maintain control of the wallet in case of lost devices.
- Security: Unlike hot wallets, hardware wallets are not kept online, and are much more secure, offering a huge level of protection. With proper security practices, clients using these wallets can reduce the risk of potential attacks, and ensure their funds stay safe. Ledger uses the latest secure encrypted chip CC EAL5+ (Common Criteria - Evaluation Assurance Level - Designed and Tested). This certification proves the product has undergone security testing and was verified to be above the operating standard.
- Versatile: These sleek devices operate across multiple systems, including Android, Apple, Windows and Mac, making it easy for anyone to start using a secure hardware device for asset protection. The best crypto hardware wallets offer Bluetooth support for wireless connectivity, and easy, secure transactions online.
- Future: The cryptocurrency industry is only just beginning. By using the top hardware wallets, clients can ensure they have the best protection and control of their future. Holding, growing, trading are all viable ways to earn crypto, and having access to cold hardware wallets for storage ensures clients can grow their wealth in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Crypto Hardware Wallets
New crypto investors often ask these questions, looking for answers on how to practice good security and store their funds safely. The Ledger wallet and blockchain application is the perfect pair for users looking to remain safe in the crypto industry in style.
Can I Deactivate the Bluetooth on the Ledger Nano X?
Yes, turning off the Bluetooth is simple. Just hold down the two buttons to access the Control Panel, and select the option to turn Bluetooth off. The device will always work using the cable included in the package.
Does the Nano X Wallet Have A Good Battery?
The device uses a 100 MaH battery. At this capacity, the device can last a few hours of non-stop use, or several months after a solid charge. Connecting the device to the computer via the cord will begin the charging process.
Which has a bigger display, Nano X or Nano S Plus?
The Nano X is the bigger sibling, with a 128x64px screen display, compared to the Nano S Plus with a 128x32 display. This bigger display makes it easier to read, double check, and approve transactions.
Can I Use My Ledger Nano S Plus or X Under Water?
No. The physical wallets created by the Ledger company don't have a waterproof protection rating, and the cases should be kept in a dry condition. If anyone accidentally wets their device, they should dry it as quickly as possible. It's best to back up the seed phrases to ensure the wallet can be recovered if the device suffers any malfunction.
Is the Ledger an Anonymous Bitcoin wallet?
Unlike many wallet providers and cryptocurrency exchanges, the Ledger hardware wallets are anonymous. This depends on how the person uses the device, which tokens they use, and how they purchase the device. Remaining private is quite hard, but users can follow a few simple steps, like using a VPN service, paying for the device in cryptocurrency, getting the item sent to a postage box or mail service/forwarder, or to a friend's house.
The Ledger Nano X anonymous bitcoin wallet allows users to store, receive, and send BTC transactions on the blockchain with no limits. The only costs associated are the transaction fees, and clients can receive, hodl, and send as much funds as they wish. Clients love anonymous bitcoin wallets, as they hold the key to unlocking true financial freedom with no limits.