Set up and use MyCrypto to manage tokens on various blockchains based on Ethereum, such as ETH, ETC, ERC20 tokens, POA, RSK and UBQ. MyCrypto supports the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Blue directly on Google Chrome.
Before you start
- Install the latest crypto asset app on your device using the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Activate contract data in the settings of the app if you want to send ERC-20 tokens, else invalid status 6a80 is returned.
Step by step instructions
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Open the app of the crypto asset to manage.
- Go to MyCrypto.com.
- Select the crypto asset network in the top-right corner. Ethereum is selected by default.
- Click Ledger.
- Click Connect to Ledger Wallet.
- Select the Custom option at the bottom of the drop-down list.
- Enter the derivation path of your account.
Accounts created in Ledger Live
To add your second or third account, replace the 0 by 1, then 2, etc.
- ETH: m/44'/60'/0’/0/0
- ETC: m/44’/61'/0’/0/0
Accounts created in Ledger Wallet Ethereum
- ETH: m/44'/60'/0'
- ETC: m/44'/60'/160720'/0'/0
- Accounts created in Ledger Live
- Click the address to manage. Click More to view the next addresses.
- Click Unlock.
And voilà! You can now manage your crypto assets.
Your account balances are shown in the column on the right.
- The account address is shown in the column on the right-hand side in MyCrypto.
- Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.
To receive safely:
- Click Display address on Ledger. Please verify that the address shown on your Ledger device matches the address shown in MyCrypto. Press the right button on your device if it is correct.
- Copy and share the Account Address with the person or service that will transfer to your account. Make sure you double-check the address if you copy and paste it.
Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.
- Enter the To Address. Please verify the address when you copy and paste.
- Enter the Amount and set the transaction fees with the slider.
- Click Send Transaction.
- Verify the amount, address and fees on your Ledger device.
- If all details are correct, press the right button to sign the transaction. A confirmation window will appear so you can check the transaction details a final time.
- Click Send to confirm. The signed transaction will then be broadcasted to the network.
Invalid status 6a80: Set contract data to Yes in the settings of the Ethereum app to send ERC-20 tokens.